What is Companion?
Companion is a broad spectrum microbial inoculant designed to improve overall plant growth and increase root mass by protecting the roots and stimulating new growth.
Companion’s fast colonizing beneficial rhizobacteria, Bacillus subtilis GB03, produce powerful enzymes and auxin-like metabolites which stimulate root growth, increase nutrient uptake and promote turf vigour, and make plants less vulnerable to invading pathogens by increasing the diversity of beneficial microbes.
Multiple Modes of Action
- Directly competes against soil-borne pathogens by quickly colonizing a plant’s root hairs with beneficial
bacteria, creating a ‘shield’ to protect plants.
- Produces strong metabolites that make the root hair environment hostile to other bacteria and fungi.
- Creates a highly beneficial Induced Systemic Resistance (ISR) by stimulating the plant’s phytohormones and
natural immune system to better resist stress.
- Acts as a Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacterium (PGPR) that stimulates rooting and better overall growth.
- Contains gram-positive (spore forming) bacteria which survive in even extreme environmental conditions
including heat and drought, making it a durable and reliable product that turf managers can trust.
- Rich organic solution acts as a food source to help the Bacillus subtilis multiply and establish colonies.
As a 100% natural and organic microbial inoculant, Companion® is an important tool in a turf manager’s
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Programme. By populating the soil with these beneficial bacteria, resistant pathogens are less likely to occur as with chemical fungicide products. Companion’s multiple and unique modes of action inhibit the pathogen’s ability to develop resistance.
Easy to use, store and handle, Companion can be tank mixed with most fertilisers, micronutrients, wetting agents, contact and systemic fungicides.
Companion is most effective when applied prior to the onset of environmental stresses. Can be used in combination and rotation with preventative and curative fungicides.
|Analysis||Pack Size||Application Rate||Water Volume|
|Companion 25kg||4ltrs||Foliar 4ltrs/ha||300ltrs/ha|
|Root Drench 8ltrs/ha||600ltrs/ha|